Quantcast

Travels qwstion weekender

Published on July 3rd, 2013 | by Greg

0

Travel Plans? The Answer Might Be A Qwstion!

It’s almost Independence Day, which means that it’s time for travel. If you’re planning a trip for the weekend, and aren’t planning on needing the big suitcase or taking your car and bicycles, you might want to look into today’s lovely piece of luggage. For longer trips, wheels and checked bags and backpacks come in handy. But sometimes, all you need is a fairly lightweight small duffel-style bag for a few days worth of clothing and personal items.

There’s no doubt about it- Qwstion has style. Their Weekender Bag, in washed grey, had people asking questions- mostly about where they could get one of their own. Perfectly-sized for a gym bag or for your last-minute flight to a friend’s place for an impromptu holiday, it’d be ideal if you were a secret agent and needed a ready-to-go bag for essentials. The pocket for iPads, integrated laptop pouch that can fit up to a 17-inch MacBook Pro, and the water bottle pocket all add up to a solid companion for your trips.

There are three small inner pockets for your wallet, keys, phone and such, and an outer separate pocket for easy access to reading materials. The main compartment has a double zipper opening, so you can stuff things in and arrange them easily. Plus, the aesthetics are great- the unusual circular seams stand out, and the light tan details accent the overall style. We weren’t so sure how to feel about the feature that allows you to turn the Weekender into a backpack (they call it a One-for-Two-System), but the shoulder strap is good. Padding could be better on both handles and the bottom of the bag, but the trade-off is always weight, and this one is a good balance at about 3.5 pounds. Made from weather-treated cotton canvas, we wouldn’t leave it unprotected in a deluge, but light rains didn’t touch anything inside. The zippers and seams are well-made and constructed, with flaps over zippers to offer a bit of extra protection.

The Qwstion Weekender is perfect if you’re looking for a professional-but-not-too-professional bag, and want something soft-sided for a bit of extra capacity (versus the added protection of a rigid case). We’re fans, and will definitely consider the rest of the line (totes, sleeves, and daypacks). Available in three colors, all with an classic, vintage style that doesn’t feel stuffy. Expect to spend around $275.

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑