Quantcast

Travels delsey

Published on February 18th, 2015 | by Greg

0

Delsey Helium Titanium International: Laptop-Friendly

We’re packing up and heading out- New York City might not be suffering like the unfortunate folks in Boston, but yet another blizzard and winter storm means that we are ready to head to warmer climates and say goodbye to the wind and sleet and snow. We’ve got our eyes on someplace with a beach and maybe a cabana, and somewhere to set up our new tent-hammock. We plan on packing light, and generally aim to avoid checking luggage (and those pesky fees). If you are in need of a new suitcase, and are tired of carrying around a separate laptop case or bag, we’ve got a piece of luggage for you.

The Delsey Helium Titanium International 19″ Carry-On EXP Spinner Trolley is made of 100% polycarbonate with durable double wheels, and is available in three colors. Ours was a classy silver, but a darker graphite and a bright cherry red are also options. We’ve liked several Delsey items in the past, and this one includes the same 10-year warranty and built-in TSA-approved locks, as well as the zipper-expandable section that can compress the bag or allow you a bit more space as desired.

The most interesting feature is the included separate hard-sided laptop compartment- winner of a Product Innovation Award at the 2013 Travel Goods Show, this easy-access section has integrated a padded sleeve for up to a 15.6-inch laptop. There are also two zippered mesh pockets inside, and it’s one of the easiest ways to store your laptop when traveling, and ideal for getting your hefty computer off of your shoulders. It does add some weight- the bag is a pretty noticeable 8.3 pounds- and take away some room from the main compartment though, as a good percentage of the space is lost to the protected area. Inside are tie-down straps on one side and a zippered divider on the other, so it’s easy to separate toiletries and essentials from your suit and pants.

Good-looking and durable, we liked but didn’t love the handle (it’s adjustable and decent but could have been more rigid, and a little nicer in the hand). Ergonomically, the bag handles well, around corners and with grab handles for lifting and those inevitable stairs. Delsey has a wide luggage line, with plenty of variety to satisfy most any traveler’s needs. But the Helium Titanium International 19″ is a great choice if you need laptop storage and want to try an interesting solution on wheels- and runs only about $150 online and in stores.

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑