Quantcast

Outdoors geniuspack25-620x350

Published on January 20th, 2016 | by Greg

0

Genius Pack’s Hardside Spinner: Luggage For Dummies

Luggage travels everywhere we do- and then some. Our bags wind up sliding up and down extra ramps, smacking against stairs, circling claim stations and sitting in the belly of planes in the cold or snugly pressed against others in overhead bins. It’s a rough life for a suitcase, which is why they should be built to last and able to stand up to scratches and dings and lots of mileage.

The Genius Pack Hardside Spinner collection does all of this and more- and we tested out their 25-inch Upright, a bit large for most carry-on circumstances but offering plenty of space for a checked bag that won’t weigh you down. They offer a 21-inch and a 29-inch version as well as a three-piece bundle, available in two different metallic color schemes, a lighter Platinum (silver) or a Brushed Chrome (darker).

Weighing in at about eight pounds, the Genius Pack is made from crush-proof polycarbonate, like most suitcases. But much more unique are the three zippered mesh pockets, individually marked for your various needs- chargers, undergarments, and socks. And if you’re the forgetful type, they’ve included a packing checklist sewn into the bag- which definitely can help you during those last-minute business trips, preventing you from leaving your socks behind. Also inside is a dedicated dirty laundry compartment. If you’re the type who simply wants to stuff everything in, then the pockets do take up a bit of space, but definitely help organize.

The bag has a gel-touch padded carry handle, an extendable handle for rolling, and the typical built-in zipper combination lock. The company makes soft-sided  as well, if you’d prefer something a little less rigid. We’ve seen one before, a couple of years ago, and are impressed at the updates and changes since then. Available for around $188, the Genius Pack 25” Hardside Spinner Carry On can be purchased directly from the company.

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑